Apache webdav svn
SVN+WebDAV on Apache2
I hate WebDAV. I eventually decided it was more trouble than it was worth...
This Howto describes how to mount subversion repositories on Linux via a WEBDAV server running on Apache2.
1. Build Apache2 with WEBDAV support. When running the ./configure script add these options: --enable-dav --enable-dav-fs
./configure --enable-dav --enable-dav-fs
2. Build subversion with Apache support. When running the ./configure script add the --with-apxs option. Be sure that Apache's apxs2 is in your PATH. This should be in the same bin directory as apachectl. Add the Apache2 bin directory to your PATH if it is not already there.
3. Add a subversion repository mapping to your httpd.conf. For example, if your subversion repository is in /home/svn you would add the following block to your httpd.conf:
# turn on webdav subversion with autoversioning (autocommit). <Location /repos> DAV svn SVNParentPath /home/svn SVNAutoversioning on </Location>
Don't forget to restart Apache.
4. Install davfs2 on Linux. Under Ubuntu or Debian simply run:
sudo apt-get install davfs2
5. Create a mount point for the WEBDAV filesystem.
sudo mkdir /media/webdav sudo chmod a+rwx /media/webdav
6. Mount the WEBDAV filesystem:
sudo mount -t davfs http://www.example.com/repos/trunk/ /media/webdav