This script installs almost everything you need for a LAMP server. The server install directory can be set anywhere you like. The entire installation is also relocatable and can coexist with other applications and libraries. All libraries such as zlib and openssl are installed separately from the system library files, so you don't have to worry about ".so Hell".
Automatic configuration enhancements
The INSTALL script will automatically configure some components with some useful defaults.
- php.ini-recommended is copied to php.ini
- SSL is turned on
- a snake-oil self-signed certificate is installed (~/conf/extra/httpd-ssl.conf)
- ~/conf/extra/httpd-default.conf is enabled.
- PHP5 handler is turned on
- mod_deflate is turned on for text/html text/plain text/xml
- combined log format is enabled
- index.php is turned on as a Directory Index
<include src="/var/www/htdocs/engineering/WEBSITE_BUILD/INSTALL" highlight="python"/>
<include src="/var/www/htdocs/engineering/WEBSITE_BUILD/pyed.py" highlight="python" />
<include src="/var/www/htdocs/engineering/WEBSITE_BUILD/pexpect.py" highlight="python"/>