Sendmail blockage

From Noah.org
Revision as of 18:32, 5 March 2008 by Root (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

I had some problem where my sendmail server was not sending mail. It wasn't sending mail for four days. I tried restarting sendmail. That didn't help. I stopped sendmail and deleted everything in /var/spool/mqueue and /var/spool/mqueue-client (also /var/spool/clientmqueue). When I restarted sendmail the problem went away. I never did figure out which message was causing the problem. In the logs it was complaining about trying to send mail to localhost 127.0.0.1. I don't know what was going on.