Version control vs. revision control
Revision as of 13:49, 14 November 2008 by Root
Version control vs. revision control, either is correct, but most people use "Version Control".
- The Emacs version control interface is called VC.
- Git – Fast Version Control System
- Bazaar is a distributed version control system that Just Works.
- CVS is the most popular version control system available today.
- Subversion is an open source version control system.
- Codeville is a distributed version control system.
- monotone is a free distributed version control system.
- svk is a decentralized version control system...
- Microsoft Visual SourceSafe, a file-level version control system...
- GNU arch is a revision control system
- OpenCVS is a FREE implementation of the Concurrent Versions System, the most popular open source revision control software.
SCMS, source code management, software configuration, etc.
- Darcs is a free, open source source code management system.
- a fast, lightweight Source Control Management system...
- Perforce, The Fast Software Configuration Management System
- Provides integrated software configuration management...