boiled linseed oil
Boiled Linseed Oil - BLO
Many brands of boiled linseed oil now contain so little catalyst that they might as well be raw linseed oil.
- Japan drier
- This is mixture of one or more catalysts with a solvent. Cobalt lineate, lead, manganese, iron and zinc catalysts may be used. There is no single recipe. These catalysts speed polymerization and hardening of the oil.
- Mineral Turpentine Oil, a thinner
- Boiled Linseed Oil
- Double Boiled Linseed Oil
- napthenic acid salts (naphthenates)
- common sources of metal ion catalysts for drying agents (Japan drier). Common sources may contain one or more of the following metals: magnesium, calcium, barium, cobalt, copper, lead, manganese, nickel, vandyl, and zinc.